In collaboration with Lizard Labs, we are opening a contest for customers to design a piece of blotter art for print and subsequent production of 1cP-LSD 150mcg blotters.
The Lizard Labs and RareChems team will select the winning piece, and Lizard Labs will produce a batch of 50k 1cP-LSD 150mcg blotters (100 sheets of full sized art) for exclusive sale on RareChems. Depending on the popularity of the product, subsequent batches may be produced and the design may become a permanent product.
The prize for the winner will be two sheets of the final blotter art (500 blotters per sheet); one sheet will be impregnated with 150mcg 1cP-LSD per blotter and one sheet will be blank (for framing/keeping as a memento).
The art itself has no particular theme (other than the obvious; psychedelic/trippy) and can be digitally created or made by hand. As long as it can be printed, it will be an acceptable submission. For example, pencil work, pen/ink work, paint, print, crayon etc will all be considered.
The art should, however, meet the following technical specifications for optimal print:
- Each 500 blotter sheet is 180 x 225 mm. Therefore the art should have the same aspect ratio.
- Each blotter is 9 x 9 mm. This means each sheet contains 20 x 25 blotter squares (for art with repeating units).
- This will be a single sided sheet (only make a single design).
- A 5mm bleed area around the design will be helpful for print and perforation.
- The art needs to be digitalised and should be as high resolution as practically possible. Hand drawn/painted pieces should be scanned in with a photographic scanner.
- File format should be PDF or PSD.
- Extremely fine, small or detailed work may not print very well on blotter paper, keep this in mind, as the quality of the art on the blotter paper used will affect our decision.
Other terms, rules and info:
- One design per customer.
- Applicants must have at least one order under their RareChems or Lizard Labs account.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated, we will be thoroughly checking submissions against already published work.
- Applicants agree to grant us lifelong reproduction rights to submitted work. No royalties will be paid other than the one-off blotter sheets prize for the winner.
- Submitting a piece of your own work that is already produced is acceptable providing it meets our specifications and you agree to grant us lifelong reproduction rights.
- The piece should be titled (not on the area of print though).
- The piece can be signed by the artist in an appropriate position (e.g bottom right corner), if desired.
- Emailed submissions should also contain the title of the piece and the artist’s name (or pseudonym) in the message body.
- There will be only one winner, no runners up or other prizes.
- We will announce the winner, using the name provided with the submission and the title of the piece.
- After announcing the winner, all submissions will be uploaded to the RareChems website along with the title of the piece and name of the artist.
- Closing date is 30th August 2020 (11pm).
- Winner will be announced in first week of September and blotters will be produced as soon as possible after that (probably by mid to end of September).
Contestants should email their artwork to email@example.com before 11pm 30th August 2020. If files are over 4MB, a file upload service like ufile.io should be used.
Please share this competition with friends, contacts and community forums (e.g art, psychedelic, research chemical focused).
We look forward to receiving your submissions and good luck!